A very serious problem has been identified in fact it is so widespread that it is now thought to be affecting many of our states, especially those in the southern and western areas. This health risk has been connected to imported dry wall that was useful for new housing predominantly through the years of 2005 and 2006.
It has been explained that the demand for dry wall was great as a result of many houses that were built during this period. Even Hurricane Katrina is now being blamed for creating such a dependence on reconstruction that it created shortages of the basic housing need of dry wall.
In one area, L.A. County mold inspection agencies were often called to investigate complaints of an extremely bad sulfur or rotten egg smell but could find no proof any fungus causing the health problems that people were experiencing.
But when L.A.County environmental air testing was used, it was found that many of these complainants had high degrees of sulfide fumes originating from the dry wall of these homes. Some signs that your home may be suffering from this problem and that your household could be at risk:
o If your home has a rotten egg smell as well as your efforts to obtain the cause and eliminate it have been fruitless, this could be a significant tip-off that you have the issue dry wall installed at home. This obnoxious odor in addition has been referred to as an ammonia smell that is very strong and just will not go away no matter what a person does to get rid of it.
If you or other people in your family is experiencing respiratory problems or nose bleeds, it may be a sign that your health is being threatened by this insidious problem.
Doctors have stressed that immediate treatment is required and as is always the case in these circumstances, the elderly and young children are most at risk of severe consequences.
It is vital therefore that if it is suspected that a home could be contaminated with this particular defective dry wall that it be identified and those people most susceptible be quickly removed from that location. Not heeding this warning could result in severe illness or even death according to authorities on this matter.
If it is pointed out that various metals at home have begun to show color as well as tarnish, beware that this is merely another sign that you might be besieged by this problem. Diamond Drywall Contractors San Diego It’s been reported that any number of metal items have been affected with this particular tell tale symptom which could include but is not limited to: jewelry, door handles, and also appliances.
There have even been reported instances of corrosion of copper plumbing and air-con coils. If these things can be ruined by the invisible gas from the imported dry wall consider how a person’s health could be virtually destroyed.
In short, if presented with the unfortunate issue of polluted imported dry wall it is important to immediately take action by reporting it to local authorities and by taking steps to safeguard your family’s well-being and health.