While preparing for CBSE Board examinations, some of the students gets extremely stressed about one subject- Mathematics. Then it turns out to be a nightmare for some students. But one need gets stressed and worry about it, instead keep a cool and calm mind and start revising and practicing the concepts and chapters wisely.
To make things easy for those worrisome students, some detailed analysis has been done and these should be religiously followed by those students. There are seven chapters which can help a CBSE student score the first 50 out of 80 marks in CBSE Mathematics board examination.
It’s not some kind of magic wand or as such. Just the students need to online study properly 7 out of 15 chapters. Then they can score more than 61% marks in the CBSE Mathematics Board examination.
Here are some important chapters that must be studied properly.
|Chapter Name||Total Marks||Questions to Expect|
|Triangles||8||1 mark, 3 marks, 4 marks|
|Introduction to trigonometry||8||1 mark, 3 marks, 4 marks|
|Arithmetic Progression||7||1 mark, 2 mark, 4 marks|
|Surface Areas & Volumes||7||3 marks & 4 marks|
|Statistics||7||3 marks & 4 marks|
|Real Numbers||6||1 mark, 2 marks & 3 marks|
|Lines||6||1 mark, 2 marks & 3 marks|
The above chapters can definitely help in crossing the pass line, and if students practice these chapters regularly, then they can easily touch the 100 marks spot.
Yet another problem which students face is not been able to complete the mathematics paper on time due to the lengthy calculations which are used in solving the mathematics questions. This problem arises because students generally panic while solving questions in examinations. Due to which they cannot finish the paper on time. Ultimately, they have to leave a few questions unwillingly and it has been noticed that the questions which they leave are the ones that could be solved easily. This type of situation turns out to be frustrating for the students.
Below are given some simple yet effective tips which will help the students to write the examination well and score full marks in CBSE Mathematics Board examination.
- Students should know the examination and question paper pattern- in order to answer the questions in Mathematics smoothly and easily, the first and foremost thing is it know the examination pattern and the type of questions that are asked which will make the students accustomed to the structure of the question paper. Moreover, students will also get to know the formats in which questions are asked and the marks it carries. If students have an idea about the question pattern, then they won’t find it hard to understand the structure of the paper on the final day which will certainly save their invaluable time.
- Prepare a strategy for the examination- After understanding the examination pattern, the next step is to go in-depth about the examination pattern and accordingly prepare a strategy for the examination.
- Use the first 15minutes at its best- One of the best things which CBSE offers to the students is the 15 minutes reading time before writing the examination. This 15minutes comes as a huge help for the students in order to prepare a strategy for writing the examination appropriately. Students must read all the questions properly and divide them into three categories- easy, manageable and tough. Doing this, will enable the students to roughly plan on how to attempt all of them in a smoother manner.
- Don’t fret about the tough questions- While going through the question paper, when students encounter questions which seem complex to them, they start to get anxious or worried. Getting anxious or worried will only deter one’s performance. As students begin to answer the questions, gradually they will also gain confidence in finding a solution to the complex questions. In this way, when you begin to do problem solving, you will discover that most of the questions seem to be much easier than you had thought before.
- Understand the worth of each question- Once you begin to answer the question paper, you must have an overall idea of the marking scheme of the questions, so that you don’t waste your precious time on a question that won’t fetch you enough marks. Else, you will lose marks for other questions which might be left unsolved due to shortage of time.
- Speed and accuracy should be maintained hand in hand- Try to maintain accuracy while you are solving quickly. Also, make sure that you don’t get puzzled between two different topics. Always try to use quicker and faster methods while calculating to save your precious time. Understand properly the signs and terms used in a problem which might lead to an incorrect answer. Be very cautious while copying a question from the question paper.
Keep an eye on your watch to track the time- Students must keep an eye on their watches in order to track the time and manage to solve the questions on time. Also, it will help to track whether you are sticking to the time allocation scheme which you had planned in the beginning. However, minute variations in the time allotted to each question should not be in issue.